Awesomenauts: Overdrive Expansion
Are you ready to kick things into Overdrive? Good, because the Awesomenauts: Overdrive expansion is here! - Official Steam Store description
Awesomenauts: Overdrive is the seconded expansion for Awesomenauts, announced in December 21st 2015 and released March 2nd 2016. It is independent of the Starstorm expansion so it can be purchased separately.
This expansion contains three new Awesomenauts: Professor Milton Yoolip, Chucho Krokk and Jimmy And The Lux5000. New features related to the expansion but free for all players are new matchmaking, the Experience and Leveling system, and a visual update to existing content.
- As a scientist professor Milton Yoolip loves to create wondrous inventions and contraptions like the dog aura reader, nightmare-to-VHS recorder, the random number phone, cereal-to-milk-ratio calculator and an actual time machine. One day after combining the time machine into some comfy slippers, he teleported to the Mesozoic era and got stuck with the dinosaurs after losing one of his teleportation slippers. He spent years to craft a new slipper to travel forward in time to return to his beloved granddaughter Ayla. He joined the Awesomenauts team to finally spend some quality time with her and eat some over-engineered pancakes.
- Yoolip swings a wrench, which he uses to fix friendly droids and summons and give enemies a good what for! Get separated from your team and he'll lock you down with Gripping Gaze. Yoolip can also build Robo Dinos to chomp and chew their way down the lane.
Chucho Krokk[编辑 | 编辑源代码]
- Chucho comes from a rich, if slightly shady family called the Krokk. Let’s face facts here: they may have achieved fame and fortune on Calias by hunting down the biggest criminals in the galaxy, but they’re just as bad themselves. But hey, it takes a crook to catch a crook, so Chucho has taken up the family mantle of being a BAD-ASS BOUNTY HUNTER. Which wouldn’t be so awkward if he didn’t have the world’s largest lisp. Oh well. No time for that, because the self-styled “Time Krokk” is on the hunt for an Awesomenaut who has been illegally travelling through time. In his inventory rests a suspicious, smelly time traveling slipper that might lead him to an altogether deadly confrontation with his unsuspecting bounty...
- Chucho comes equipped with a full set of bad-ass bounty hunter gear: he rides around on his flying Hyper Bike, and has Nitro Boost to catch up with fleeing criminals. If the hunt ends up in tight quarters, Chucho can dismount the bike and turn it into a turret. On foot, he wields deadly dual pistols and a Sticky Bomb.
- Jimmy, Amy and the Lux-5000 Toddletron are a mighty team. They have won numerous fights in robobrawls held in the many arenas and slums of Circuit City on Calias. The twins love to crush enemies and cause mayhem with the Toddletron's metal wrecking balls, which are basically two big rattles from their perspective. After each won fight Jimmy and Amy share a bottle of the finest Bovinian milk and watch cartoons before nap-time. Being big fans of the Awesomenauts they skipped the seasonal diaper league tournament and joined the team for some grown up fights.
- In a special 3-hit combo, LUX smashes ground twice, then whacks his rattles together to hurt everyone in an area around him. He rushes recklessly into groups of enemies and knocks them back, while putting down his shield to protect himself from danger. He can then unleash a Missile Barrage to finish his foes off. Unlike most characters, LUX never has a true mirror-match - Jimmy pilots the LUX5000 on red team, while Amy pilots it on team blue.
- Ix the Interloper was officially announced with the reveal of Overdrive!
- The winning character from the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest held last fall, Ix will soon be joining the Awesomenauts. Ix can attach a link to other Awesomenauts, friend or foe. Once attached he'll either heal or damage the 'Naut on the other end. His secondary skill lets him become damage immune for a short moment. When linked to another Awesomenaut however, it lets him swap positions with the linked 'Naut. This opens up lots of interesting gameplay possibilities!
- Ix the Interloper will be free for all Awesomenauts owners when he releases somewhere early 2016.
- Added in Patch 2.13, Super Symbiosis, the XP system is the first part of the Overdrive enhancements.
- Awesomenaut teams will now level up during games based on the experience they accumulated. Each level will increase their damage by 3% and health by 4%. The new system should make damage and health upgrades less dominant in games, improve the flow of games by smoothing out the damage/health curve during a match, reduce the length of long games and overall make it more fun to play!
- New matchmaking is coming to Awesomenauts during the Overdrive! The addition of this new system will result in more evenly balanced matches and improved connection stability. The new matchmaker will test the players' connections amongst each other instead of relying on distance to determine the best setup. Also, by accumulating a large group of players first and then matching them instead of working on a first come first serve basis this system will create better matchups. Finally, matches will only start full, latejoining will be removed from the game, and disconnected players will be able to rejoin their match.
- During the Overdrive, a lot of visuals will be overhauled. UI, character art, special effects and many other aspects of the game will receive an extra large dose of some good old tender love and care. Perhaps the best example of this ongoing visual evolution is Sheriff Lonestar's brand new attire!